Friday, January 18, 2013

P-Day

Might sound a little bit dramatic but today was D-Day for us or should I say P-Day – Placement Day.

Today we completed the process in which our lives are forever changed and the hard work begins.

Today our children move in.

Introductions went well.

To say I am excited is an understatement. If I said I wasn’t terrified I would lying. I am completed terrified.

I also figured today was a nice to day to, as publicly as I can; thank my family and friends for the support we have been given throughout this process. It has been long, at times, stressful, exciting and scary but we have survived and we have come to this step really looking forward to an amazing life ahead.

So, we collected them at 10am this morning and it was lovely to see their faces when they asked if they were really coming to live with us today. It was heart wrenching as well as their foster carer had to say goodbye and he was obviously devastated as he is really attached to them - he started me off in the car on the way home. We fully intend for their foster carers to remain a part of their lives but it will be a while before they are settled enough to see them again.

We have tried to have a very calm and low key day, lots of playing with meals at the set time (and things we know that they eat and enjoy) then bath time and bed time. They are upstairs asleep now and we are sat in the lounge with the TV on very quiet listening for noises. We did get asked if they would go back to their foster carers and for the youngest when she realised, she did get really distressed for a little while but settled once we busy doing something again.

All I hoping for is a calm night and the same in the morning and whilst we expect ups and downs they have really surprised us today with how little upset there has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment